Wednesday 1 September 2010

Time for another Challenge Card me thinks

Well I decided to go hunting for another challenge I could enter but this time I wanted to stretch myself a little further (this challenge blog lark does wonders to help your confidence). I came across the Die Cut Dreams Challenge #63 and knew I had found the one - Soft Shades of Vintage.

Now me and vintage just don't seem to go together. I got loads of beautiful K&Co and Anna Griffin vintage inspired papers which I absolutely love (to stroke and admire but never use!) but I never do vintage style cards - until now!!! But I decided that soft shades of vintage might be a good starting point to tackle my fears of this gembre.

So big drum roll please - here my's entry:-

 

I know that to the majority of you it will not be that "vintagey" but believe me this card is 100 miles out of my comfort zone (think cutsy, lovely images).

I used a die cut topper from a set I had purchased from QVC earlier on in the year which, although it does not pick up that well in the photo (must attend some photography classes!) features some vintage inspired swirls and patterns, and then cut out loads of flowers (using a Martha Stewart punch of course!)from different shades of a plainer piece of K & Co paper. After mounting the topper in the centre of the card blank with 3D foam I proceeded to stick all the punched flowers around the topper to form a wreath effect. 

Finally I just had to add some touches of Stickles silver glitter to the centres of the flowers and corners of the card.

Hope you like it.   

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for joining us at DCd this week with this very pretty card.

    Pamela x

    ReplyDelete