Tuesday 7 September 2010

10 Minute Tidy - Part 8

Well another day, another 10 minute tidy post. I'm really impressed that I have stuck with this challenge. I think it helps that it is only for a short period of time but you still see results. It also gives me enough time to also do some precious crafting in my "me time" when the kids are asleep.

OK at the beginning of this year I did try and tidy up my craft room after finding an organisational challenge on the internet. The only problem was that it called for you to empty your craft room and not bring anything back in until everything had a "working" storage solution etc. I duly started taking items out and placing like with like items into seperate boxes ready to reinvent my space. The only trouble was that I have so much stuff in my craft room that even after several boxes and four weeks later the room was nowhere clear and you could'nt get into our spare room for all the stuff or "rubbish" as my husband calls it (hes so supportive of my hobby!). Hubby got so hacked off with not being able to get in the room (hes obsessivly tidy - bordering on OCD!) that he dumped the whole lot back in my study or shed and told me not to clutter the room again! Therefore this is the reason that I currently have 7 fruit boxes stacked on my floor full of perfectly grouped items which currently have no home.

Unfortunatly these boxes are an ideal place to "dump" stuff on top off when they also have no home (or I'm too lazy to put them back in their right place" and so the mountain you see below was born:-


Now I promise I did do 10 minutes of tidying but it obviously needs a lot more work as heres the after shot (part 1)



I know it still looks like a tip but at least the piles gone down quite a bit and I can start to see the contents of the first box!

Craft Room Organisation Challenge Part 8(a) -


Found:-  a set of Pastels promarker - yummy more for my collection

Black Bags filled - Half - I'm being ruthless and only keeping decent sized bits of paper and cardstock instead of hording loads of tiny scraps (making a total of 3 and a half black bags full)

Stay turned for part 2 of Part 8 (if you get me) later on.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment