Wednesday 15 September 2010

Recycling - I'm going all green in the name of a challenge!

Hi everyone,

I'm really excited as Treehouse Stamps Challenge is Recycle.

Now for ages I have admired papercrafted items for the home which I have seen on blogs and in magazines but have never quite had the courage to actually do something like that for myself. But this challenge was exactly what I needed.

It happened to coincide with me finishing a tub of gravy granules so I decided to use this container as the item I was going to reuse. 



I covered it two co-ordinating My Minds Eye papers & added glitter strips by using double sided tape with Martha Stewart glitter (I love this glitter its so fine and sparkly).

Next I used my Sizzix Original flowers die to cut flowers out of more My Mind's Eye papers and used green art straws which I picked up for the bargain price of 99p from my local The Works store several months ago for the stems. I simply sandwiched the straw between two flowers securing with double sided tape.

I cut the straws to different lengths to add a bit of interest and embellished the flowers with little bits and bobs from my craft stash including buttons, fabric flowers, die cuts, gems etc.

I'm really pleased with the end result and my creation will be sitting proudly in my dining room after the plastering and decoration is completed.

My little girl has now placed an order for her bedroom as her her friend and my friend as well so needless to say I'm really hooked on this recycling/decoration lark now.

If only there were 48 hours in every day!

Sadly I've just realised that I've missed the shut off date for the challenge so cannot enter it but I'm still really pleased that I found the challenge as its made me broaden my crafting horizons!.

Hope you like them.    Who would have thought that a humble gravy granule tub could look so good! I'm off to raid my cupboards to see what else I can reuse!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment