Friday 3 September 2010

Another Challenge - Another Apple!

Hello again,

Well its time for a new challenge over at Stretch N Bubbles. This time you have to use a gorgeous little stamp image of a worm in an apple. Its FREE to everyone this week (normally you get the image free for this week's challenge if you entered the previous weeks but for the 1st challenge of every month its free to everyone). You can find the stamp and the challenge HERE.

Heres my entry:-

 

I don't think this photo does this justice (even though I do say so myself!). It really does look lovely in the flesh.

Hot on the heels of my shrink plastic earrings below I decided to make my daughter a charm to go on her school bookbag complete with a matching bookmark. The charm is attached to the bookmark with a ribbon which can simple be undone to take the charm off and then the ribbon tied back up to form a pretty bow on the bookmark.

As well as the digital stamp I used American Crafts co-ordinating paper and cardstock, thickers vinyl glitter alphabet stickers and of course coloured the digi stamp image in using promarkers.

To make the charm I simply printed the image onto printable shrink plastic and shrunk it using a heat gun. I then added some Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint to the apple for a touch of shimmer and shine and then threaded this onto the bottom of some clear jewellery thread and added some co-ordinating beads. I then tied this onto a keyring blank and added a few more strands of beads and some pretty ribbons.

I used my Crop A Dile (again - told you a worthwhile purchase!) to punch the holes in the bookmark where the ribbons go.

Hope you like it - my daughter loves it so thats all that matters to me.   

1 comment:

  1. I have been wondering lately if I could print digis on shrink plastic - mine seems a bit too thick to go in the printer - but I will def have a go now

    ReplyDelete