Saturday 11 September 2010

3 Challenges In One - another first for me!

OK well I have broken all my previous records now and have made a card incorporating not 1, not 2, but 3 challenges in one card.

Heres the entry:-


The first challenge is for Delightful Inspiration. They provided absolutely adorable Sew Beary Much digi stamp for me as a thank you for entering their last challenge. If you missed this (and other great stamps) you can buy it at the Designed 2 Delight Digi Stamps shop HERE

The second challenge is for Double Delight Challenges #11. Their challenge is to use the fab image together with sewing on your creation.

Finally the last challenge is a sketch by Sketches by Carly #11 This is the first time I have used a sketch to inspire a card but am really pleased with the results.

How I made this card:- I coloured the image using promarkers (again) and mounted this onto a piece of green glitter card from Die Cuts With A View. I then covered a square card blank with patterned paper from Brenda Pinnack Sucrie range (I think - its been in my stash for a while). I then cut out a circle of co-ordinating pink paper (again from Brenda Pinnack Sucrie range) using my We R Memory Keepers magnetic circle cutter (I love this - its so easy to use and cuts perfect circles everytime - after a little practise!). I cut this circle just a little over half and puched a design around the edge using a Martha Stewart corner punch (I saw this technique in a magazine and thought I would give it a try). I then stuck this onto the card according to the sketch. 

I then attached my Digi Stamp topper to the card with my trusty double sided tape (what would I do without it?!) together with a photoshop generated sentiment "Sending you SEW many Birthday Wishes" although used a fineliner pen to write the word "SEW" in faux stitching. Fabric flowers were also added according to the sketch.

Then came the tricky bit. I have always admired stitching on cards and scrapbook pages but have never attempted this myself. I would have dragged my brand new and unused sewing machine out of the cupboard (a crimbo prezzie from two years ago) if it had'nt had been for a pile of stuff from our hallway and lounge sitting in front of the door ready for the imminant decoration taking place so decided to think of alternative methods. 

I punched small holes in a square pattern using my Crop O Dile Big Bite and then sewed narrow ribbon through the holes in a cross stitch design. I secured the ends with double sided tape. I'm quite pleased with the end result. It really adds texture to the finished card and I will definately be doing it again and grabbing my sewing machine and threading it up to do "proper sewing" on a project soon.  

 Hope you like the end result.

5 comments:

  1. Cute Cute Cute!!
    Love the cross stitched ribbon and the way you colored the kind bear!
    Sew beary glad you are a part of the Designed2Delight Artist's Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute - love the cross stitch! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT! Love that you punched holes and ran the ribbon through... that's what I did too only I used embroidery floss =) Way to go-- you got all 3 challenges in! Hope you'll join us at DOUBLE DELIGHT again next week and my daughter will also have yet another sketch challenge too! Thanks!

    ~Kris
    Double Delight Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ribbon cross stitched like that. Way cool! Thanks for playing with us at Double Delight:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Awesome card. Love the stitching.

    xxCARLYxx

    ReplyDelete