Wednesday 22 September 2010

I Hate Tonsils!

Hi everyone,

Well my little lad has been poorly for a few days now but last night he gave me a real scare and I had to rush to an emergency doctor. It turns out the poor little mite has got tonsilitus (don't think thats how you spell it but you know what I mean!!). Hes feeling a bit better now as hes got antibiotics but still's nit right.

As much as I love crafting my kids always come first so I have'nt had much time for any crafty challenges.

I did however manage to squeeze a couple whilst he was asleep.

Heres my entry for Meljen's Challenge # 25.

The challenge was simple:- 1 ribbon, 2 flowers, 3 brads.

I used one of Meljens fab new flower releases which can be found HERE and decided to keep the whole design very simple (a bit like me!!!)

I coloured two of the flowers using promarkers and used 3d foam to attach to the card which I had already placed a piece of velvet ribbon onto to form a stem & leave. I then hit a bit of a problem as I could only find bright orange brads so decided to experiment by colouring them with the promarkers and it worked.

I then finished the card off with a greeting sentiment sticker and faux stitching detailing acheived by a fine liner pen.

Its not my usual style but I still quite like it - hope you do too.

3 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the velvet stem and I'm amazed that those brads used to be orange! Just awesome!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our Recipe challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card! I hope your little one is feeling better by now. (Yes I'm late in getting to visit all the cards this week!) Thanks for joining us at MelJens for the recipe challenge!
    Sandy, MelJens DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Emma, you won the random drawing at Meljen's! Be sure to grab your badge and display it proudly and email me with your three digi-picks from the Meljen's Designs store! Nicole MD DTC

    ReplyDelete