Sunday 5 September 2010

Free Up A Freebie - A Challenge suited to me or what?

Well, I'm sure that Glitterbabes Challenges this week was written just for me!

As I have said I am trying desperately not to buy anymore crafting stash and accordingly have been on the hunt for freebies to give me my crafting "buzz" instead.

So I knew I just had to enter this weeks challenge of FREE UP A FREEBIE and SPARKLY!

Here's my entry:-


Sorry the pictures not too great - camera is playing up  - I think all the sparkle blinded it! (actually I think its more about the person behind the lens!!!). 

I decided to use their Bra Free Image together with the Baby Chick image to make this "Thanks for all your support" card.

I chosse some Papermania patterned paper which matched the swirls on the bra (and which I have had sitting around for ages) and added glitter to several of the swirls to "bling it up".I then mounted this paper onto black glitter cardstock before matting onto a white  square cardblank.

I colured both images using - you've guessed it - Promarkers (what a worthwhile investment they were!) and cut them out, cutting the wings of the chicken so that he could hang onto the bra. I then matted and leyered these onto black and white glitter cardstock mats cut out using my Sizzix Bigshot and Spellbinders dies. 

I then added the computer generated sentiment and matching pink ribbon bow together with additional bling of pink glittery gemstones to the bra itself.

Hope you like it! 

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!!! Love what you've done with those freebies :D And thank you so much for your support by taking part in Glitterbabes Challenge XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that definitely made me chuckle out loud! super cute! thanks sooooooo much for joining us at glitterbabe's challenge!!!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you combined the images! You made me giggle. It's a great card! Thank you for joining us at Glitterbabe's Challenge.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete