Monday 6 September 2010

Oh No Its the C Word - A Real Challenge For Me!

I know that us crafters are supposed to be super organised when it comes to Christmas but every year although I say I'm gonna get my cards made in plenty of time it does never seems to work so my usual style is to leave them all to the last minute (think Dec 22nd) and then realise I've left it to late.

Imagine my horror then when I saw the new challenge set by STAMP SCRAP & DOODLE. Christmas - ooooooooooohhhhhhhh noooooooooooo.

But fresh with my challenge bug I decided to tackle my fears head on and make my very first Christmas Card for this year. I did get some strange looks from my kids and hubby but I've done it and it feels good (only another 70 or so to go - the joys of large families!)

Well heres my entry -


I used a FREE Dustin Pike snowman digi stamp which was coloured in with Promarkers. I just love using the ivory pen to add a soft touch of white to images such as this snowman. This stamp was then mounted onto green and red cardstock using 3d foam.

I covered a square card blank with snowflake paper from the 2009 Smirk Christmas range (the whole pad was still unopened in its celephane!) and then mounted a layered strip of christmas lights card (from Hot of The Press) across the centre.

After adding the stamped image I finished the card off with red holograpic peel offs and a Merry Christmas greeting made from individual red peel off letters.

Hope you like it.

I have to admit that I had become a bit of a peel off snob. This is the way I first started my cardmaking and although having a stash of 100's of different sheets have hardly used them in the last few years of my cardmaking.

In my new bid to use up my existing crafting stash I have dug them out (actually found some of them during some of my 10 minute tidy sessions!) and decided to get using on my projects.

1 comment:

  1. Glad we helped jumpstart the cardmaking process for you! Cutie-patootie image. Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week!! Stop by my blog. I've got a couple year-round Christmas challenge blog links on my sidebar. It looks like we send out the same number of cards. :) The challenges help keep me moving too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete