Monday 20 September 2010

Everything's Coming Up Roses!

Hello crafters,

Well another day and another challenge entry. Well two challenge entries rolled into one actually.

I decided to try a different challenge blog and came across Fab N Funky's "get the Photo vibe" challenge. The cake in the photo is just amazing. You just have to check it out!!!

Well I drew my inspiration from the beautiful roses so here's my entry:-


I am also entering this card into the monthly competition over at Card Making Downloads. Last time I came third so theres no pressure this time then!!! I expect at least second - only joking - I don't care if I win - its just fun making all my creations!

This card was so easy to make. I simply used a printable download Pot of Roses from http://www.card-making-downloads.com/ designed by Joanna Barnsby from Tinker N Co. I printed the sheet onto white pearlscent cardstock and then cut out the background panel and stuck this to the inside of a  square cardblank.

Next I mounted the front pot section onto the front of my card and cut around the design to form a shaped card blank.

Finally I added the decoupage layers and used a Sakura sparkle pen to add a touch of shimmer to the roses and finished with a pretty pink organza ribbon bow.

I think this cards just oozes elegance (which is a first for me!) and I love it.

Hopefully you all do too. If you do please vote for me. Although I don't care whether I win or lose, I really would love one vote.

Thanks xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment