Wednesday 1 September 2010

Oriental Challenge Card

Another first for me - I have never made an oriental card in my life - until now!

I came across the Glitterbabes Blog after reading about it on another crafters blog. The card she had made for the challenge was so beautiful it inspired me to have a go. So here it is, my entry in all its glory (or not so depending on opinion!):-


I love it!!! I used some papers from a Dovecraft Oriental Promise paper pack I bought from QVC along with with some petaloo flowers also from QVC. The main image is a FREE image from HERE (make sure you grab all her other freebies too as they are all as cute as the others). Matting and layering was done using black and red pearlescent papers and final touches were added with stickles glue.


2 comments:

  1. well emma, not only am i glad to see you.... i'm glad you took the plunge on doing asian. this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! thank you so much for joining us at glitterbabe's challenge and we hope to see you back soon.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous oriental card Emma :D Aren't Sliekje's images just adorable! Thank you for taking the plunge and joining us at Glitterbabes Challenge XXX

    ReplyDelete