Tuesday 7 September 2010

It's Christmas Again!

Ok its a good job I've concured my Christmas fears as the challenge over at POLLYCRAFT this week is Christmas with no red or green.

Now making Christmas cards at this time of the year is still a bit of a challenge for me but I gave it a go and this is my finished result:-


Now Pollycraft's digi stamps are just so adorable and I found to my horror that I did'nt own any Christmas themed ones (and the ones I did have just could'nt be adapted to fit the festive theme without including red or green somewhere in the design).

 I almost bought several (but after having a shopping basket totalling over £27 and trying not to spend anymore money on craft at the moment  I managed to resist the urge and hunted on my hard drive to find an alternative image instead). A FREEBIE to the rescue again. This image comes from Colouring Book Tuesdays which I found via the freedigistamps.blog.

I coloured her in using my promarkers and added golden wings and halo thanks to a metallic Sakara pen. I then simply matted this image on cream and gold cardstock mats adding a little mirri card border for festive sparkle and then added a peel off message. In my new bid to use up my peel off stash I also added some golden stars all over the card.

I think she looks very swish and adorable. Hope you like her too.

Now I only have about 69 Christmas cards to make!!!!.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card, gorgeous image.
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete