Sunday 19 September 2010

Sweet Little Girl - Challenge

Wow I got really excited about the Die Cut Dreams Challenge this week.

My style is definately very cutesy so with this "Sweet Little Girl" challenge I could'nt wait to begin. However as the name of the game is challenge I decided to do something a little different and rather than using my usual pinks, lilacs , pale blues etc which I always seemed to use (prior to my challenge addictition!) I decided to go for brighter colours instead.

So here it is - my entry:-


Sorry the photo did'nt come out too well but my camera is flashing low battery and I can't find the charger at the moment as its buried under a geap of stuff from our decorating! (which is going ok).

For this card I used two different FREEBIES (I love freebies and it never ceases to amaze me what generous people designers and crafters are - theres some fab freebies out there!).

I can't actually remember where the cute little girl comes from (sorry as soon as I remember I'll let you know) and the cupcake comes from Beckys Place.

I used photoshop to put them both together to make one digi stamp and then coloured it in using my - wait for it - Promarkers!

I then matted this onto die cut frames (Nestabilities - one textured with a spotty Papermania embossing folder). I covered a square card blank with some Dovecraft paper from a Cupcakes pack (bought from QVC - I'm so predictable!) matted onto matching green cardstock and finally added a ribbon and glitter detailing for the final look.

I really like this card. The colours are really different for me and I feel it fulfils the Sweet Little Girl brief perfectly.

Hope you like it too.

1 comment:

  1. Super little card Emma. So bright and cheerful. Thanks for joining our Digital Sweet Little girl challenge at DCD this week.
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete