Monday 30 August 2010

Yet Another Challenge Entry for today!

Well I must have had three Shredded Wheat today as I have completed another challenge entry - this time for Stamp, Scrap & Doodles


The challenge is to make a Get Well or Good Luck project. As my mum is currently poorly (Get Well Soon Mum xx) I thought that I could combine the too so obviously I plumped for the Get Well Card.

Inspired by my previous Card Making Downloads challenge I decided to make an easel card using a Tinker N Co Duckies set which I purchased HERE.

I started with a 15cm square card blank which I folded to become an easel card (never realised they were so easy to make before now!) and covered this with a selection of the gorgeous papers which come in the set. I used one of the quick card toppers to mount as the main embellishment which I then added a 3D layer to using the matching digi stamp which I coloured using promarkers (again - can't you tell they are a favourite of mine!) Used a flower punch to punch flowers for decoration. I matted and layered the printed "Sending You Get Well Wishes" onto the papers &  then had to use a Martha Stewart border punch (because I love them!) to create a pretty border. I mounted this whole strip onto 3D foam and stuck to the card to make the stopper for the easel part.
Finally I just had to add some co-ordinating ribbon and gemstones for the finishing touches (more favourites of mine!).

Hope you like.   

1 comment:

  1. Very nice card. Thanks for joining in the SSDS Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete