Monday 30 August 2010

Wayhooo - I'm on a roll - Second Challenge Entry

Got the crafting and challege bug this morning - heres my second challenge blog entry. This time it is for Stretch N' Bubbles Challenge #13


The challenge was to use the "Chet" digital stamp which is available from their store HERE

I love this stamp and can think of so many different ways he can used.

For this card I took  pearlescent green A4 cardstock and folded in half to make an A5 cardblank. I then rounded the corners (normally I would use a punch but could'nt find it under all my stash so I drew around a ribbon spool and cut out the corners this way for a rustic feel!!!). I then printed the stamp and coloured in using promarkers (don't you just love 'em!)  and then cut him out. I used American Crafts "Blue Skies" papers and co-ordinating plain cardstock and cut out different sized circles which I inked the edges of using a brown ink pad before matting and layering together and attaching to my card blank. Finally I mounted "Chet" onto 3D foam and attached him to the centre circle.

As finishing touches I added some orange ribbon and a few acrylic rainbow drops to add a bit of style.

I don't normally use oranges and greens in my cards but after seeing the results here will definately be using this colour scheme again.

Wow - this challenge bug lark is really broadening my horizons.

Now I've just got to work out how to add my link using Mr Linky.  

1 comment:

  1. The monsters are a huge fave of mine - love the colour pairing

    ReplyDelete